Tuesday 8 May 2012

Benefits denied! UPDATED

I just found out today Manulife will not cover rental or purchase of breastpump under my benefits plan, notwithstanding that it is considered medically necessary.  Given the length of stay in the hospital, his inability to breastfeed afterwards and his allergy to milk protein, I am appalled that a carrier would deny such expenses.

Stay tuned, lets hope that with a little more investigation the appropriate person intervenes.

UPDATE:

I raised the issue with my Benefits Manager and she agreed to follow up.  She advised me yesterday that my employer has expanded coverage to include pumps under their contract with Manulife.  Not only have they taken steps to ensure my expenses be covered, but any colleague will be able to claim for the cost of a breast pump.  This is such a relief and I am so impressed with how they handled this matter.  THANK YOU MR!

No comments:

Post a Comment